2024 Annual Campaign
We’re here for good
With your gift, we continue to maximize our resources to strengthen our community across five areas of impact prioritized by the Community Strategic Plan. Let’s continue working towards our vision of “One community empowering Jewish journeys, driven by tradition, innovation, and sustainability.”
ISRAEL AND OVERSEAS
Israel World Jewry Bureau (IWJB)
- Humanitarian support and crisis intervention
- Bomb shelters for Isroelis in critical locations
- Empowering young Israeli Ethiopians and children at risk and or with special needs with educational vocational, and recreational support.
JDC, JAFI, ORT
- Provide disaster relief and critical support for Jews in need around the world.
- Cultural, social, and educational interaction between our sister cities of Rosh Ha’ayin Israel, and New Orleons, LA
Subsidized Travel to Israel
- Young Leadership Israel Trip*
- Two young Israeli emissaries who live in Birmingham and work with community organizations and synagogues to provide Israeli programming
*Funding for local Israel initiatives.
Direct donations for Ukrainian Jews
Securing Our Jewish Community
Regional Security Advisor
- Threat Vulnerability Risk Assessments for all our Jewish facilities.
- Counter Active Threat Training and Stop the Bleed trainings for specific groups in our Jewish community.
- High Holiday usher training.
- Security for special events in our community.
- Liaison to local, state, and federal low enforcement officials.
- Engaging and building our donor community
- Salary, expenses, insurance
- Technology support and enhancements
Community Engagement and Collaboration
Jewish Community Relations Council
Sponsorship of community events and programs
Annual Community Meeting
Jewish War Veterans
Young Leadership Development Program
United Way Partnership
Presidents’ and Executive Directors’ meetings
Investing In Our Youth
PJ Library and Shalom Baby
Young Jewish Philanthropy
B’nai Brith Youth Organization
- Work experience for college students to keep them in Birmingham
You Belong in Birmingham
- Social and networking group for Jewish community members 21 – 35
Collat Jewish Family Services
N.E. Miles Jewish Day School
Levite Jewish Community Center
Alabama Holocaust Education Center
Hillels of the University of Alabama and Auburn University
- Creating community and a safe Jewish space for Jewish students
ADL and AJC
- National Jewish Advocacy groups
Support national partner, Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), which provides us with training, materials, and a network of 300 communities.